stty consulting › our future
Simple Internet Security recommendations
If you are rolling Internet explorer out across your enterprise it is advisable that you use the Microsoft Administration Tools, downloadable from their website. By using the Admin tools you will be able to create a distribution configuration to allow you to control the installation and any subsequent updates to the configuration.
- Conduct a risk assessment before developing a security plan.
- No security plan is complete without a robust backup system, anti-virus program and strong cryptography.
- Make sure that more than one people is trained on the use of the security equipment.
- Use multiple technologies to enforce security procedures.
- Keep Java and ActiveX download disabled unless the source is trustworthy.
- Scan for 'scripts' within emails and attachments.